Nest Thermostat users, get $75
Join Rush Hour Rewards and get paid
Enroll in Nest Rush Hour Rewards and get a $75 SRP electric bill credit per thermostat (up to two thermostats). After each following summer season, you'll earn an additional $25 electric bill credit per thermostat for continuing in the program. A Nest Thermostat can help you use less energy and live comfortably in your home while staying in control of your energy usage.
How to join
- Sign into your Nest.com account.
- Make sure your Nest Thermostat is connected to Wi-Fi.
- Complete the signup form. If eligible, your bill credit will be added to your SRP account within two weeks.
How it works
SRP wants to lower demand during energy rush hours, like hot summer afternoons when everyone's cranking up the AC. The Nest Thermostat can help you use less energy during rush hour by automatically cooling your home ahead of time and turning the temperature up three degrees during peak times. These are rush hour events.
What you can expect:
- Prior to a rush hour event, you’ll be notified. Check your Nest account messages, and enable push notifications in the app settings, so you don’t miss out on communications.
- A gold gear will appear on your thermostat during an event.
- Nest may tweak temperatures before and during a rush hour event to balance comfort and energy savings.
- You're in control and can opt out of a rush hour event and change the temperature anytime.
- During an event, look at the temperature in your home, not the temperature setting on the thermostat.
- There could be a maximum of 15 rush hour events each summer. Rush hour events occur between noon and 9 p.m. on weekdays only (holidays excluded).
- You must be an SRP residential customer.
- Your cooling system and connected thermostat must be at the location of your SRP residential account.
- Your Wi-Fi connection and thermostat(s) have to be connected to your Nest account.
- You must have a Nest account to enroll in SRP's program. If you do not have one, you will need to establish one prior to enrollment.
- You will need to provide your SRP bill account number to complete the application.
- For additional program information, call (602) 236-2951.
Note: SRP M-Power customers must make a minimum energy purchase of $1 for credit to apply.
If have questions, visit the Nest support page or call (602) 236-2951.