Low income Weatherization Assistance Program
The federal Weatherization Assistance Program was established to help low-income families and individuals improve energy efficiency and lower energy costs, as well as assist with energy-related health and safety issues in the home.
In support of the program, SRP provides $725,000 per year to the Arizona Community Action Association to assist in their efforts to improve energy efficiency for low-income homeowners. SRP provides up to $6,000 per eligible household for energy-efficiency home improvements on top of federal funding. Improvements could include:
- Window shading
- Low-flow showerheads
- Faucet aerators
- Air conditioner duct seals
- Space heating and cooling system equipment maintenance and tune-up
- Evaporative cooler tune-ups or motor upgrades
- ENERGY STAR-labeled compact fluorescent light (CFL) bulbs
Qualifying households may also receive additional support through federal funding for installing these types of energy-efficient measures in their homes. As a guideline, eligibility is based on the number of family members in the household and total household income:
Persons in family
Annual household income
For families with more than 8 persons, add $8,360 for each additional person.
For more details on this program or to see how you can qualify to participate, contact the Community Action Association in your area:
- City of Phoenix: (602) 495-0700
- Mesa Community Action Network: (480) 833-9200
- Maricopa County - outside Phoenix/Mesa: (602) 506-5911
- Pinal County: (520) 466-1112
Did you know:
SRP provides up to $6,000 per eligible low-income household for energy-efficiency home improvements.