Comprehensive air sealing, properly installed insulation and high-performance windows work together in an SRP ENERGY STAR® Home to deliver better comfort, better durability and lower monthly bills. Our builder partners must meet a long list of rigorous requirements to ensure that:
- Your new home is tightly sealed to reduce leaks and drafts
- Wall and roof framing members are insulated from the elements to minimize thermal bridging
- Correct insulation levels are selected to provide whole-house comfort
- Insulation is installed properly to deliver the best performance
- High-performance windows are selected to keep heat gain under control
Learn more about thermal enclosure from ENERGY STAR .