In the desert, water is one of our most precious resources, which is why SRP ENERGY STAR® Homes are required to meet water-efficiency standards to help ensure that:
- Bathroom fixtures have the WaterSense® label or equivalent water-use ratings
- Household water consumption is reduced by roughly 4,000 gallons or more per year
To learn more, visit EPA's WaterSense website .
The ENERGY STAR Homes program offers a comprehensive package of water management practices and materials that help protect your home from water damage and reduce the risk of indoor air-quality problems. This helps ensure that:
- Water is directed off the roof, down the walls and away from the foundation
- Your home is built with moisture-resistant barriers to prevent water damage
- Building materials are protected during construction to minimize the possibility of mold and rotting
See ENERGY STAR's fact sheet on water management .